By now you’ve heard that your body needs vitamin D to be at its best. Feel free to read HERE to learn more about its many benefits, like lowering risks of:
- Mortality (death)
- Heart disease
There has been plenty of focus on the dangers of getting too little vitamin D, but did you know you can also get too much?
By getting “too much”, I don’t mean a toxic overdose. That is possible, but it’s pretty unlikely. Most people would need over 50,000 IU per day for four or more weeks to reach toxic blood levels of over 150 ng/ml.
The concern about getting too much is there seems to be a sweet spot where vitamin D helps the most. If you’re slightly above this sweet spot, vitamin D is not dangerous, but is less helpful.