This classic Thai chicken soup has all the quintessential Thai flavors!
- 1 pound organic chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 cups shredded chard or other greens
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes (more or less depending on your heat tolerance)
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1-quart organic chicken broth
- Sea salt to taste (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- In a large stockpot, cook the chicken in a little avocado oil. Cook until the chicken starts to brown and is cooked through.
- Add the chopped Vidalia onion, carrots and garlic. Sauté for 4-5 minutes and then add the ginger and chicken broth.
- Bring the soup to a low boil and let it simmer for about 25 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Add the chopped chard, cilantro, lemon juice, green onions and coconut milk.
- Continue cooking for about 10 more minutes.
- Check for salt and adjust accordingly. Now, you’re ready to serve.
This recipe freezes well, so you can make an extra big batch and then store it for later!
This recipe is based on one originally posted on the Delicious Obsessions site.