This easy to make snack is the perfect healthy treat for anyone on the go. Not only is it yummy, but kale detoxifies the body and has been found to lower the risk of developing some forms of cancer including breast, bladder, colon, prostate and ovarian.
Kale chips are a wonderful food that is unlimited. The oil + the tahini (sesame seeds) are both fats, so this recipe for kale chips gives you lots of greens AND would count as your fat serving for your meal.
Try this quick recipe, or change up the seasonings for a treat everyone will love!
- 2 bunches curly kale, inner stems removed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Rinse the kale and pat dry.
- Remove the tough inner stem that runs lengthwise through the center of each kale leaf, then tear or chop into large pieces.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together.
- Place kale pieces onto a large cookie sheet and toss with the tahini-lemon mixture.
- Gently massage the mixture into the kale so it is evenly coated.
- Spread the leaves out on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven, let cool a little and enjoy!
- Extra kale chips can be stored in an airtight container for a few days on the counter.
- Enjoy this tasty snack from “Nourishing Meals – Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes for the Whole Family”.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*