Stuffed peppers are sure to please everyone, including the kids. Bell peppers are packed with Vitamin C and also contain B V6 which is a vital nutrient for everyone. They are filled with flavor and can be made to enjoy for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, chopped (okay to omit if you need to)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounces) can crushed tomatoes and juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 large red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large skillet, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat. Brown the ground turkey until cooked through and no longer pink. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add the next 6 ingredients (mushrooms through oregano) and stir. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds and stems. Slice each pepper in half lengthwise.
- On a large baking sheet, place peppers cut side up.
- Stir rice into turkey mixture and fill each pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve warm.