As the weather warms up, enjoy this fresh cold soup for a healthy quick lunch. Use all of your favorite fresh herbs to make it even more flavorful!
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 11/4 cups)
- 3 cups canned tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as tarragon, thyme, or parsley), chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands
- Cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, reserve 2 tablespoons each of the tomato, cucumber, pepper, and onion to garnish.
- In the food processor or blender, purée the remaining ingredients until smooth, adjusting the seasoning to taste with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 3 hours but preferably overnight. Adjust the consistency as desired with water. Serve in chilled bowls garnished with the reserved vegetables.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*