There’s nothing better than warm weather and being out in the sun with your family. What if I told you I could get everyone outside for the sake of a healthy meal? Check my Facebook page for a grill recipe that is sure to WOW.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 8 barbecue skewers for grilling
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for brushing on veggies
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms
- 1 green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
Sauce Ingredients: (Better to prepare first because it takes one hour)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Squeeze of lemon
- 1 Pinch of chopped, fresh dill
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- Salt and Pepper to taste (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
For the Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, combine yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill, and garlic. Process until well-combined. Transfer to a separate dish, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor.
- Thread the veggies and chicken however you’d like onto 8 skewers. Brush the veggies and chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let skewers sit out for 10-15 minutes to let flavors saturate. Grill, uncovered until chicken juices run clear. Which should only be about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately with sauce. To make sure this meal is ARD approved, add 3 servings of cooked brown rice per person.