Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 – 12.5 oz cans chicken, (or 5 – 5 oz cans of chicken), drained
- ½ onion, (or ½ cup of frozen chopped onions)
- ½ container of fresh mushrooms, sliced, (or ¼ cup of freeze-dried mushrooms)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or 1 ½ cups of frozen spinach)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 Tbl flour
- 2 cups broth, or stock, (or 2 Tbl Better than Bouillon stirred into 2 cups water)
- Oil spray
- Non-iodized salt (Diamond or Morton’s brands if possible)
- Optional water
- Lightly spray skillet with oil.
- On medium-high heat, saute onions until translucent – about 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add mushrooms. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken, rice, and broth, and flour. Stir together until it’s a gravy-like consistency. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until everything is warm.
- Add a little water if you need to thin it out.
- Once it’s the consistency you like, add spinach and cover. Cook until the spinach is wilted – about 3 minutes.
- Top with salt and pepper.