Make the oats ahead of time for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast. If blueberries aren’t your favorite, sub with raspberries or strawberries. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups water-cooked steel cut oats (about 1/4 cup dry oats + 1 1/4 cups water + pinch salt)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- dash cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp raw chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp goji berries
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries, frozen + 1 Tbsp hot water to thaw and plump
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- For ease, you can make the oatmeal in a larger batch (1 cup oats + 4 cups water + 1/2 tsp salt). Then use your pre-cooked oats throughout the week and heat over the stove.
- Add the chia seeds, half of the walnuts, goji berries, flax and cinnamon halfway through the cooking process if making in a large batch.
- Otherwise, add the pre-cooked oats to a pan with a splash of almond milk or water to rehydrate a bit. Then fold those ingredients into the oats. Simmer until warm and soft. Add more liquid as desired.
- Top the cooked oats with walnuts, the blueberries, a few more chia seeds, and a splash of almond milk right before serving.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*