How Do You Lower Your Thyroid Antibodies?February 14, 2022
Adrenal Energy: A Supplement To Get Your Adrenals HummingFebruary 28, 2022
When it comes to thyroid-specific formulations, it all comes down to ensuring you can have the right mix. That way, you’re not getting too much of one thing and not enough of another, everything is in sync and you’re getting exactly what you need.
Today, I want to walk you through one of these blends. It’s a combination of Thyroid Daily, Omega Pure, and Calcium Magnesium. We’ll talk a bit more about why they matter, some of the key ingredients, and how you can make the most of them for your health.
Product Recommendation: All your Daily Thyroid Nutrients in a one-stop Daily Reset Bundle. Doctor Formulated, Thyroid Focused nutraceuticals that not only help boost your thyroid output but also assists in maintaining a thriving thyroid. Click Here
The Truth About Micronutrients
We need micronutrients, full stop. Our bodies can’t produce them, so we need to get them somewhere. And, the truth is that there’s no harm in taking things preventively when you have them in the right dose.
But, that’s the issue right there. Pretty much all combinations and all multivitamins out there, right now, are not made for those with thyroid disease. They generally have ingredients that are not safe, including but not limited to:
To solve this, we have thyroid-specific formulations. These are supplements designed, from the very beginning, to work well with those who have thyroid disease.
Key Insight: In addition to that, they are designed to work well together. Thoughtfully made to help you feel your best.
A lot of these things are simply common nutrients, but they can help a great deal. So, let’s get into some of the ones we want to highlight today.
Our Blend Superstars
One of the ideal blends that I want to talk about today is a combination of:
- Thyroid Daily
- Omega Pure
- Calcium Magnesium
First, we have Thyroid Daily. This is the first complete micronutrient support supplement made with those who have thyroid disease in mind. It is made to not only be safe, but simple too, as you only have to take one pill daily.
Following that is Omega Pure, an easier way to supplement the amazing properties of omega-3s into your life. Designed to reduce systemic inflammation, support normal immune function, and provide essential EPA and DHA.
Last, but certainly not least, we have Calcium Magnesium. A blend of the citrate forms of calcium and magnesium, which have been shown to help adults with thyroid disease maintain bone, heart, and overall health.
Key Insight: It’s a pretty amazing lineup, if you ask me, and they are all made to work well together. That means that you don’t have to worry about over-supplementation, because you are getting the right nutrients, in the right amounts, balanced amongst one another.
The Blend’s Ingredient Highlights
Let’s talk a bit more about what you’ll be able to find as you span across Thyroid Daily, Omega Pure, and Calcium Magnesium. There is a lot to love here, but I want to spend our discussion today keying in on some superstars.
Thyroid Daily’s ingredients list reads as a who’s who of nutrients important for your thyroid’s health. Here’s the brief rundown:
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is known to be essential for the regulation of genes that control how the body responds to TSH.
- Vitamin C – Vital to prevent damage to the thyroid cells from autoimmune disease.
- Vitamin D – Those with deficiencies risk a higher likelihood of developing Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Graves’ disease, and thyroid cancer.
- Vitamin E – Works in conjunction with selenium to protect the thyroid cells against damage.
- Vitamin K – Essential for healthy blood coagulation and bone metabolism.
- Vitamin B1 – Enables your body to produce energy from dietary carbohydrates and potentially helps to fight fatigue.
- Vitamin B2 – Symptoms of Riboflavin deficiency closely mimic those of hypothyroidism.
- Vitamin B3 – Niacin is essential to produce energy from the breakdown of carbohydrates and fats.
- Vitamin B4 – Those with genetic variations of the MTHFR genes cannot safely utilize folic acid, the synthetic form of folate.
- Vitamin B5 – A lack of pantothenic acid compromises normal adrenal cortisol secretion and, therefore, the effects of thyroid hormones.
- Vitamin B6 – Studies have shown that those with thyroid disease are prone to be low in many essential nutrients including Vitamin B6.
- Biotin – Helps to combat hair loss as a symptom of thyroid disease.
- Vitamin B12 – As many as 40% of people with thyroid disease are deficient in B12.
- Chromium – Shown to be essential for blood sugar regulation in the body.
- Copper – A known cofactor in the enzyme superoxide dismutase which is essential for thyroid function.
- Molybdenum – The risk for thyroid disease was correlated with lower levels of molybdenum.
- Selenium – Necessary for every stage of thyroid function.
- Zinc – Essential to the production of thyroid hormones.
That’s a pretty comprehensive list!
Key Insight: The best part is that Thyroid Daily is only taken in one capsule, once daily. You get all of those amazing ingredients in one place, at one point during the day. It’s an amazing start.
It’s right in the name: Pure Omega-3 fatty acids! What we have here is fish oil that is derived from Icelandic anchovies, and is pure EPA and DHA fish oil that is 100% GMO-free.
To break it down a bit further, essential fatty acids include linoleic acid (omega 6) and alpha linolenic acid (omega 3). Alpha linolenic acid is biologically active in its native form and it is also a substrate for the conditionally essential fats eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
So, within each pill, you’re going to find your daily recommended dose of Omega-3 fatty acids, balanced between EPA and DHA so you body receives enough of both.
In calcium magnesium, you are going to find two star ingredients: Calcium citrate and magnesium citrate.
The first, calcium citrate, is one of the two best studied forms of calcium. It is the only one of the two that has been proven to be well absorbed even with poor stomach acid production and to reverse bone thinning.
On the other hand, we have magnesium citrate, which has been shown to be more bioavailable than other forms of magnesium and can even absorb well in those with too little stomach acid.
Key Insight: The combination of both is something of a dream team, and can help with maintaining essential levels of macrominerals and bone health, reducing muscular tension, improving depth of sleep, and regulating ovarian hormones.
How Would You Take This Blend?
Thyroid Specific Formulations have been crafted to be as easy and efficient as possible to take. When we consider a blend of multiple supplements, it looks like this:
- Thyroid Daily – One capsule once daily, taken with food or as recommended by your healthcare professional. It is also best taken one hour or more after thyroid medication.
- Omega Pure – One capsule per day with any of your meals—breakfast, lunch, dinner, even a snack. Taking it with food will improve absorption of the fatty acids and prevent indigestion.
- Calcium Magnesium – Three capsules, one daily, with food. For those prone to unstable thyroid levels, take four or more hours after thyroid medication.
Who Is The Blend Best For?
The foundational nutrients found in Thyroid Daily, in addition to the complementary nutrients found in Omega Pure and Calcium Magnesium, should be considered the first step for all adults who might be struggling with thyroid disease.
That definition of “thyroid disease” might include:
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Graves’ disease
- Past thyroidectomy
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Current or past thyroid cancer
And, as we mentioned before, all products made by Thyroid Specific Formulations are compatible with one another and are formulated to prevent any combinations of products from being less effective (due to conflicting or redundant ingredients).
How Do We Select Thyroid Specific Formulation Ingredients
Speaking of which, let’s briefly touch on what it takes to be included in a Thyroid Specific Formulation. We want to make sure the products we recommend are of the best quality and value both.
To do that, every ingredient we consider has to meet the two following criteria:
All considered ingredients must be natural compounds that have been safely consumed by humans for centuries. They must be generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by toxicologists. Finally, they must not contain unsafe levels of iodine.
Evidence and Efficacy
All considered ingredients must have high-quality evidence proving their efficacy. The best quality evidence is that which demonstrates significant positive outcomes on human subjects in multiple double-blinded controlled studies.
These human subjects and the outcomes should be clinically relevant to the product’s end-users.
What Won’t You Find In This Blend?
Throughout this blend of supplements, you will not find:
- Dairy products
- Artificial colors
- Artificial flavors
A Quick Word Of Caution
The ingredients listed have not been studied in pregnant or lactating women and should be avoided.
Those on thyroid medication may need a reduction in their dosage due to the usage of this product. Please work with your prescriber to monitor your thyroid levels regularly and report any new symptoms or changes to existing symptoms.
Especially when it comes to Thyroid Daily, there are definitely some relevant notes you want to keep in mind. These concern:
- Timing – Thyroid Daily must be taken at least an hour after thyroid replacement medication.
- Allergy Warning – This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Pregnancy Warning – Thyroid Daily can be a safe option as a prenatal multivitamin. If pregnant, nursing, an organ transplant recipient, or have multiple sclerosis, do not use unless on the advice of and under the direct supervision of a health professional. The ingredients in Thyroid Daily are generally considered safe for use in pregnancy and nursing at recommended dosages.
Developing Supportive Strategies For Thyroid Health
Ultimately, this entire blend is best used when part of a comprehensive protocol aimed to improve your overall health and thyroid function. Specific supplementation for related issues may include:
- Absorbable Iron
- Antibody Support
- Hyperthyroid support
- Metabolism Boost
- Nodule Support
- Iodine regulation as per the book The Thyroid Reset Diet
- Weight loss, if indicated
Achieve The Ideal Blend Today
Now that you know more about what it means to combine Thyroid Daily, Omega Pure, and Calcium Magnesium, how about giving it a try? If you’re interested in comprehensive micronutrient support for your thyroid, then this blend may be perfect for you.
P.S. Whenever you are ready, here is how I can help you now:
1. Schedule a Thyroid Second Opinion with me, Dr. C, Click Here for Details
2. Need A Thyroid Supplement Recommendation? Take My Thyroid Specific Formulations Quiz Now
3. Need a Personalized Supplement? Check out My Thyroid Specific Formulations
4. Download and use my Favorite Recipes Cookbook Here
5. Check out my podcast Medical Myths, Legends, and Fairytales Here
Dr. Alan Glen Christianson (Dr. C) is a Naturopathic Endocrinologist and the author of The NY Times bestselling Adrenal Reset Diet, The Metabolism Reset Diet and The Thyroid Reset Diet.
Dr. C’s gift for figuring out what really works has helped hundreds of thousands of people reverse thyroid disease, lose weight, diabetes, and regain energy. Learn more about the surprising story that started his quest.