What do you do when cabbage and carrots are on sale…and you have too many? Try this delicious Asian salad by my wife, Kirin.
Recently I had a little too much fun buying cabbage and carrots on sale. I also purchased a new electric veggie chopper and had a blast shredding the cabbage and carrots with it (which makes weekly meal prep, 100 times faster). This Asian chopped salad was inexpensive, fast, and is packed with flavor using (uncooked) carrots and cabbage. The main ingredients are “unlimited” foods, so you can use as much or as little as you are hungry for.
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded cabbage
- Apples (carb serving) *1 apple for lunch serving, or 1 ½ apple for a dinner serving).
- 1 Chicken breast per person (protein serving)
Dressing (serves 2):
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 3 ½ tbs. Almond butter (fat)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (fat)
- 1 lime (or ½ lemon if that’s all you have)
- ½ tsp White rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- Chili flakes (or Sriracha) **optional**
- Mix your dressing. Pour ½ of it over your salad ingredients – for 1 person.
*To make this Adrenal Reset Diet friendly, use 1 whole apple for your lunch carb serving, or 1 ½ apple for your dinner carb serving.
You can also substitute the apple for another carb of your choice, like rice, or quinoa (½ cup for lunch, OR ¾ cup for dinner).