This holiday muffin is a great way to start the day. The fiber from the applesauce and whole grains, essential fatty acids from the nuts and flax seeds, and cinnamon content help to keep your blood sugar and hormone levels balanced without sacrificing flavor and fun.
- 1/4 cup organic sunflower seed oil
- 1 1/4 cup organic applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners.
- Combine oil and applesauce. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, ground flax, baking soda and powders, cinnamon, salt and walnuts.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Use a large spoon to drop the muffin batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes and enjoy!
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*