Perchlorate Toxicity & its Effect On Your ThyroidMay 23, 2022
What are the best thyroid levels? with Dr. Katie RothwellJune 6, 2022
When was your last neck check? Has it been over a month? If so, you are due.
Among women, no other types of cancer are increasing faster than thyroid cancer. The goal is early detection and a large number of those lucky enough to catch it early catch it during their neck check. We know that self-exams save lives. You know your body better than anyone and you will be the first to know if something changes.
Product Recommendation: Nodule Control has been clinically proven to slow the rate of nodule growth, reduce the size of existing thyroid nodules and lower the risk of nodules progressing to thyroid cancer. Click Here
Early Detection of Thyroid Cancer
People who detect thyroid cancer early say that the neck check is the best 3 minutes they’ve spent.
Who should do it?
Any adult with a thyroid.
Who should really really do it?
Any adult woman who has had thyroid issues.
How often should you do it?
Once per month. If you’re already in the habit of doing self-breast exams, you might find it easy to do your Neck Check at the same time. Well, not exactly at the same time – do one after the other.
What do you need?
Get a hand mirror and a glass of water ready. Make sure your clothes are not in the way of your neck – no turtlenecks.
What should your thyroid feel like?
Most people won’t feel their thyroid. That’s normal. What you will feel in this area is skin, muscle, and connective tissue. If your thyroid is enlarged or has nodules, you might feel it.
How will you know if something is unusual?
The first few times it won’t be as obvious. But our sense of touch has a strong connection with memory. We know when something feels different. If you feel anything that seems out of place in this area, talk to your doctor. Let them know you just did your first neck check and just want to get reassurance. A good doctor will be glad you’re taking your health seriously.
Thyroid Neckcheck for Cancer?
- Hold the mirror in your hand so that you are able to see your neck. Look closely at the area between your Adam’s apple and your collarbones and outward to the prominent muscles on the sides of the neck. Turn your head side to side and look for any unusual lumps, bumps, or discolorations.
- Tip your head back and repeat.
- Swallow 3 mouthfuls of water while you continue to watch your neck. Do one while looking straight ahead, one while turned to the left, and one while turned to the right.
- Using the mirror and your dominant hand, feel the texture of the tissues over the thyroid. Make note of anything you feel that seems unusual. Feel carefully over any areas that looked odd during the prior steps.
- Anything not right? Be sure to follow up with your doctor.
Your friends may not know how important this is. This is a great thing to share on social media, be sure to share the hashtag #neckcheck.
Now that you’re thinking about thyroid screening, when are you due for your next ultrasound? How about your next thyroid blood tests? Be sure that you have an appointment or a reminder set for each.
Try the Thyroid Quiz today (Click Here: Take the quiz) to learn more about your thyroid and the impact it may be having on your overall health.
P.S. Whenever you are ready, here is how I can help you now:
1. Schedule a Thyroid Second Opinion with me, Dr. C, Click Here for Details
2. Need A Thyroid Supplement Recommendation? Take My Thyroid Specific Formulations Quiz Now
3. Need a Personalized Supplement? Check out My Thyroid Specific Formulations
4. Download and use my Favorite Recipes Cookbook Here
5. Check out my podcast Medical Myths, Legends, and Fairytales Here
Dr. Alan Glen Christianson (Dr. C) is a Naturopathic Endocrinologist and the author of The NY Times bestselling Adrenal Reset Diet, The Metabolism Reset Diet and The Thyroid Reset Diet.
Dr. C’s gift for figuring out what really works has helped hundreds of thousands of people reverse thyroid disease, lose weight, diabetes, and regain energy. Learn more about the surprising story that started his quest.