Blueberries have been shown to help balance blood sugar and salmon is rich in good fat. This delicious salad will help keep you satisfied as you reach your weight loss goals.
- 8 cups baby spinach or other salad greens
- 1lb salmon fillet, grilled, baked or poached
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepepr to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives
- Handful of pecans
- lemon zest (garnish)
- Divide salad greens on four salad plates.
- Tear salmon into pieces and arrange on greens.
- Sprinkle on blueberries and nuts, top with lemon zest.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad before serving.