Podcast – What Sea Vegetables are Best for Your Thyroid? *Hint: NONE with Dr. Alan Christianson
Description: Between the latest online fads and the crazy media headlines, it’s easier than ever to get confused about your health. If you want to make better decisions about your health today so you can feel better and live longer, you’ve come to the right place.
Sea Vegetables or “Seaweeds” are a big part of Asian diets. They are often considered generally healthy foods. But if you look at their Iodine content, you might want to control your Sea Vegetables intake.
- Seaweeds as a staple food (0:50)
- Amount of Iodine content of different seaweeds (1:48)
- Relevance of sea vegetables (6:53)
- Hypo and Hyper-thyroidism (7:42)
- Unsafe amounts of minerals (8:27)
- Avoiding sea vegetables for pregnant and lactating women (9:00)
Did you find this episode helpful? Let us know by leaving a review! Visit these links to learn more:
Subscribe for more Medical Myths, Legends, & Fairytales: