Maybe the “mock” potato title is a stretch, but that doesn’t mean you won’t like it.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and then drain well.
- Puree cauliflower with a food processor (or mash with a potato masher), adding oil and reserved water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe is basic for a reason, feel free to add whatever spices and herbs your family will enjoy.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*