Asparagus is not only delicious, it’s also packed with health benefits. It’s a very good source of fiber, folate, chromium, vitamins A, C, E and K. Sweet potato is yummy and also filled with fiber. These together, mixed with chicken, make the perfect recipe for a delicious dinner. 🙂 Enjoy.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ lb (225 g) fresh asparagus
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and chicken. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes.