Does your child crave those unhealthy, frozen chicken nuggets from the freezer aisle? Replace them with this healthy, gluten-free version from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook!
- 1 1/2 pounds organic, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Avocado oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Whisk together the arrowroot powder and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, Herbamare, and pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces into bowl #1 and then dredge in the flour mixture in bowl #2.
- Transfer the nuggets to a plate as you dredge them.
- Heat a large 11-12 inch skillet over medium heat, then add about 1/4 cup avocado oil to the hot pan.
- Add the nuggets, being careful not to crowd the skillet, and cook them in batches if needed.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side; the timing will depend on the size of the nugget and the heat of your skillet.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.
Tip: Use sprouted garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour. It’s easier to digest and tastes better. You can order gluten-free sprouted flours online.