Try my recipe for Chicken, Sweet Potato and Kale Stew. It’s one of my favorite ways to eat turmeric.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 (4-6 ounce) chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (this stuff is so addictive, I love it!)
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp sea salt (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced. (Remove the green stem. It will taste better. Read how and why HERE)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups organic vegetable chicken broth
- 4 cups dinosaur or regular kale, washed, stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- optional salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and stir onion in olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken breasts and continue cooking, stirring frequently for another 3 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots; continue stirring and cooking until vegetables have softened slightly, about 3 minutes. Add cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, kosher salt, ground black pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until garlic is fragrant and slightly soft, 3 more minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add kale and cook until vegetables are soft and the kale is wilted and cooked through, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; adjust salt and ground black pepper to taste. Enjoy!