If you’re bored of potatoes and looking for more ways to get RS into your diet, you’ve GOT to try this soup.
The mesquite flour is probably the hardest ingredient to get but I’d encourage you to try it. You’ll be able to find it easily at any Whole Foods or on Amazon. It adds more RS and gives it a distinct flavor. Having said that, I have made the soup without it and it is still excellent.
As made, this will be pretty mild in terms of spiciness. If you can’t take any heat, try 1/2 the jalapeno. If you like it hot, feel free to add in a habanero as well.
- 15-17 tomatillos, peels removed, sliced in half
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 medium white onion quartered
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut in 1/2
- 1 avocado, quartered
- 1 can organic low sodium white navy beans
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon organic vegetable flavor or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp mesquite powder
- Organic cilantro – 1/2 cup sliced
- Broil onion, garlic, jalapeno, and tomatillos with tomatillos lying cut side down. Broil on high, place 6-8 inches from heat and broil for 5-7 minutes or until tomatillos start to char.
- Add roasted vegetables and all other ingredients except cilantro into high-powered blender.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Serve garnished with cilantro
PS – Don’t remove the tomatillos from the broiler and drop them on your bare toes like I did when I made this on FaceBook live. #painfulembarrassment
To your best health,