With fall upon us, we figured there’s no better way to celebrate than with a pumpkin salad. This salad is great for meal prep or a healthy dinner. Enjoy! 🙂
- 5 cups pumpkin flesh or butternut squash (cut in 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- About 8 cups lightly packed arugula
- 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
- 2 chicken breasts cooked,shredded, and cooled
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Toss the pumpkin or butternut squash cubes with the avocado oil and some salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes. Turn the cubes over and roast for another 15 minutes, until soft.
- Let the pumpkin or squash stand at room temperature to cool.
- Whisk the orange juice, walnut or macadamia oil and lemon juice in a bowl and add the walnuts and arugula and stir to coat with the vinaigrette. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked chicken, roasted pumpkin, and berries and toss gently.
- Enjoy! 🙂