Podcast – A Deep Dive on the Iodine Content in Salt with Dr. Alan Christianson
Description: Between the latest online fads and the crazy media headlines, it’s easier than ever to get confused about your health. If you want to make better decisions about your health today so you can feel better and live longer, you’ve come to the right place.
Being aware of your Iodine can go a long way towards healing your thyroid, to keep it stable and work better. So why does salt matter and what are the safe ways to use it?
- What is Iodine fortified salt and how did it start? (1:23)
- What is Iodized Sea Salt? (3:58)
- Sodium in salt (5:02)
- How much salt can be considered healthy? (5:42)
- Are minerals in salt relevant? (6:45)
- Iodine as a substantial nutrient (11:28)
- Different kinds of salts that you should use (12:46)
- Salt in processed foods (18:00)
Are you aware of your Iodine intake? Did you find today’s episode interesting? Let us know by leaving a review. Visit these links to learn more:
Subscribe for more Medical Myths, Legends, & Fairytales: