Try this delicious lemon chicken and artichoke dish with your favorite vegetables for a healthy, balanced meal that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken meat, large dice
- 1 1/2 cups quartered artichoke hearts (canned or jarred – not frozen)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lightly packed thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add onion and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring rarely, until well browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook until slightly broken down, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, water, and juice and scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate any browned bits.
- Cook until alcohol smell is cooked off and sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil and lemon, and serve.