Are you bored of water as your only beverage? Would you like a tasty and good for you option that is naturally caffeine free and sugar-free? Imagine how cool it would be if the same option was one of the most effective and safest herbal tonics of all time? And it’s inexpensive?
Wow, that was quite a lead-up. Anyway – the answer to all that is Astragalus iced tea.
- Organic astragalus root, sliced – 1/2 cup (0.5 ounces)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Tea strainer or saucepan and strainer
- 8-ounce glass filled with ice
- Mix astragalus in hot water. I use my tea strainer, you can also mix them in a sauce pan.
- Let steep for 10 minutes, covered.
- Strain out sticks and pour over ice.
Note – you can reuse astragalus sticks at least once. The color is like that of kombucha but a bit lighter. The flavor is sweet and neutral. Astragalus has polysaccharides which taste sweet but are not sugar and do not have calories.
To your best health,