Recently someone asked me this:
“I have definitely found the ARD [Adrenal Reset Diet] very helpful, especially when I really stick to it! (Shocker…I know) the next month is about to get wildly busy with work and a few personal things too. I have breakfast and lunch fairly streamlined…But dinner is always the time suck….Any fast, easy, and ARD compliant meal ideas appreciated! Many thanks!”
Here are several ideas….
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you are stretched for time and you want to stay on track and eat foods you know will give you more energy.
Next time you know you have a busy week (or weeks!) coming up, be sure to stock up on some pre-prepped foods from the grocery store. Remember, this isn’t about being perfect. Because staying true to your health (and buying a pre-chopped vegetable every now and then) always wins over overly processed food any day of the week.
The 4 meals you can make in less than 20 minutes using prepared foods are:
- spinach in a bag
- chopped onions
- grape/cherry tomatoes
- chopped/shredded cabbage
- chopped/shredded carrots
- broccoli heads
- sliced mushroom,
- and most other veggies are fairly quick to chop when you need them
- Pre-cooked chicken; you can buy it or make it ahead of time (to see a recipe on a flavorful, moist, shredded chicken go here: http://drchristianson.com/shredded-chicken-for-a-weeks-worth-of-meals/ )
- turkey burgers (pre-shaped)
- canned chicken
- canned oysters
- canned crab
- lean cooked ham
- cooked rice (in microwaveable containers)
- beans (heat on the stovetop)
- cooked beets
- shredded (frozen) sweet potatoes
- boiled potatoes (take 9 minutes to cook once water comes to a boil)
For healthy fats:
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- chopped tomatoes
You don’t have to feel overwhelmed anymore. There are lots of things you can make using any of these HEALTHY prepared foods (and others I may have forgotten).
Save this handy guide to your Pinterest board or to your facebook wall for easy reference.
To your best health,